As a transitional stage of human development, adolescence is the period in which a child matures into an adult. Some describe adolescence as a period of “storm and stress”. It is stressful for the adolescent as well as the parents. Here’s how parents may overcome this stress.
Parents need to:
1. Be sure about their basic values and rules.
2. Support each other in applying them. (It is difficult for a teenager to respect parents who are always at loggerheads with each other. One parent should not to ally him/herself with the child against the other parent.)
3. Listen (Adults should be available for advice, sympathy and comfort. Don’t criticize or give routine advice.)
4. Spend time on praising good decisions or behaviour.
5. Don’t use physical punishment. Do not create the impression that violence can solve problems.
6. Set an example (You are a role model for your child. If you don’t want them to be violent, don’t use violence yourself. If you want them to be kind and generous to other people , try to be like this yourself.)
7. Stressful times come and go, but most adolescents don’t develop serious problems.
Disclaimer: A detailed history followed by constitutional treatment by a good and qualified homeopathic practitioner is necessary to treat the complaints that appear due to any disease. The homeopathic remedies mentioned in this post are for informational purposes only. The information contained on this site is general in nature and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other health care professional. None of the statements on this site are an endorsement of any particular product, or a recommendation as to how to treat any particular disease or health-related condition. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.