California Senate Bill SB-577 requires that you should be aware of the following:
The homeopathic practitioners described in this web site are not licensed physicians,
and homeopathy is not licensed by the State of California.
Classical Hahnemannian Homeopathy is based on a set of clearly defined principles. The theory behind homeopathy is that a substance that causes a certain set of symptoms when tested on a healthy person can relieve the same set of symptoms in a sick person.
Homeopaths are trained to select the one remedy (out of over 3000) that most closely matches the total picture of your symptoms. This remedy is given in a specially prepared (potentized) form that can stimulate your body’s own healing processes.
Your homeopath will provide you with the following services:
- At your initial consultation your homeopath will spend about an hour finding out as much as possible about you (or your child), the symptoms and medical history.
- Your homeopath will carefully analyze the information given, and will select a remedy that in his/her best judgment matches the totality of symptoms.
- If you wish, your homeopath will provide the remedy to you. If you prefer, you will be advised as to where you may obtain remedies.
- Your homeopath will provide instructions as to how to take the remedy.
- Your homeopath will assess the response to the remedy at a follow up consultation. Additional consultations may be needed, at regular intervals. In certain circumstances, brief weekly phone consultations will be required.
- Based on the follow up assessment(s) your homeopath will recommend further homeopathic remedies and/or health enhancing lifestyle adjustments as needed.
- Your homeopath will be available during normal office hours to answer questions and to help with any concerns you may have regarding your (or your child’s) homeopathic treatment.
- Treatment is always by mutual agreement and may be discontinued by either party.
- Your homeopath will maintain records of consultations and treatment, which you may view if you wish.
As homeopaths, we do not make any kind of diagnosis in conventional medical terms.
You should be aware that the outcome and duration of homeopathic treatment vary by individual, and cannot be guaranteed.
If you ever have any concerns about the nature of your treatment, please feel free to discuss them with your homeopath. It is your responsibility to maintain a relationship with a licensed physician.
It is recommended that you inform your medical doctor that you are receiving homeopathic treatment.
Homeopathy is alternative or complementary to healing arts that are licensed by the State of California.
Under Sections 2053.5 and 2053.6 of California’s Business and Professions Code,
we can offer you these services, subject to requirements and restrictions that are described below.
As unlicensed practitioners, homeopaths are not permitted to:
perform any form of surgery or any procedure that punctures your skin or harmfully invades your body.
use X-ray radiation.
prescribe prescription drugs, or recommend that you discontinue drugs that were prescribed by a licensed physician.
treat wounds with electrotherapy.
put you at risk of great bodily harm, serious physical or mental illness, or death.
imply in any way that they are licensed physicians.
Your homeopath is required to:
provide you with a statement, written in plain language that includes the following information:
ask you to sign an acknowledgement that you received the written statement provide you with a copy of it
- that they are not a licensed physician and that their services are not licensed by the state
- a brief and clear description of the kind of services they provide & the reasoning behind it
- a description of their education, training, and experience.
They must also keep a copy of your signed acknowledgement for three years.
Fill this Customer Agreement
form and bring it with you at your initial consultation.
Please keep a copy for yourself.